Saturday, July 25, 2009

8/26/98 Wednesday

12:35 p.m. This is damn boring. I have Beowulf in my bag, that's what Jerome is reading, but geez, that's even MORE boring... Hmmm...

In English class we were talking about Cain and Abel in the book Beowulf, and Mrs. Mapletree said, "That's what I don't get about Christianity, one side is good, one side is bad" and it reminded me of the book "Ishmael" where they said Cain killed Abel and that was really some kind of Pagan influenced part of the story.. and how the story was really originated by the Leavers.. huh. That book really did affect me, even though I pretty much forgot about it after a couple days.

Yes, it's easy to be affected by things you forget about after a couple of days...and that's some edgy stuff there for your teacher to say she doesn't understand Christianity?! It's like college or something!

I said "Bless You" to Edna today, and then i was just like, whoa! I can't believe I just said that!

Good, I'm glad you're warming up to Edna. She doesn't deserve your total abhorrence.

Oh yes, next order of business...

7 YEAR BITCH BROKE UP!!!! NOVEMBER OF LAST YEAR!

I can't believe it... and in my PJ letter, I had said "7 Year Bitch, one of my favorite bands" and they're gonna think I'm a retard because they haven't been together for 8 months! 9 months actually, dammmit...

High school self,
If Pearl Jam is going to think you are a "retard," which by the way I'm glad you take that word almost entirely out of your vocabulary years later, it would be for that postcard you wrote them that started "Dear Numbnads" in 1995. I mean, did you read that?! You should, I reposted it here for you to see. Also, I'm very surprised you didn't mention Fred. I'm sure you patted yourself on the back for that at the time, so maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it. I don't understand how you ever became a successful human being sometimes, although the definition of "successful human being" is always up for debate.
Love,
Future self.

No comments: