Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Following Was Sent on a Postcard with Courtney Love's face on it

5/15/95

Ten Club
P.O.B. 4570
Seattle, WA 98104

Dear People,
You numbnads! You suck! I send you a letter calmly explaining my problems with the club and you have the sheer never to send me a postcard asking me to become a member? Well I've got news for you -- I AM A MEMBER!!!!! I'm not even thinking of renewing until I get my Christmas 7".. "postponed"... 6 months?! Those fan club shows in Seattle made me pretty mad too.. people in Seattle get enough good stuff. But that LATE ticket info REALLY got me steamed! Not only do I not have a phone, but tickets always seem to go on sale Thursdays at 10:00 am or something.. WHEN I AM AT SCHOOL! On top of all that, when I called the info line - 3 seperate times - I got a message saying it was "disconnected." Your club is pretty ineffecient. I'll work for it if I can actually get things ON TIME for once!
Signed,
Beth

P.S. Thanks...
P.P.S. For nothing!

Dear middle school self,
Reading the text of this postcard will make you feel like a huge asshole for complaining when they give you a year's free membership and front row tickets to a show at the United Center in Chicago in 1998. And then subsequently you'll see them in the 4th, 2nd and 3rd rows at various other shows, so it's pretty good you weren't a total bitch and renewed your membership.

Oh, by the way, 14 years after this letter, you're still in the Ten Club. Most people kind of think you're a loser for it.
Love,
Future Self

No comments: